Have you ever thought about working for a builders merchants?
Any careers vacancies we have will appear below, however, whether or not we have any, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01293 270103 or to see us in Crawley branch.
We are always on the lookout for enthusiastic and passionate staff who are willing to go that extra mile for our customers, whether that is working on one of our sales counters, dealing with an accounts query over the telephone, working in the yard, or driving a Van vehicle.
If you have previous experience working in a builders’ merchants, that’s great! But don’t worry if you haven’t; we have a great team of knowledgeable, long-standing staff ready to train you up. In return we can offer you a competitive salary, paid holiday to include bank holidays, and the potential to progress within the company.
If you are interested in building a career with Laker, please call us on 01293 270103 or come and see us on the address below or simply send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Laker Building & Fencing Supplies Ltd.
53 Rutherford Way
Yard Sales Assistant
Are you organised, personable and looking for the next challenge in your career? If so, the Laker Crawley team are recruiting for a Yard Sales Assistant who prides themselves on delivering first class service and who can really make a difference.
In this exciting role, you will use your dedication and enthusiasm to undertake warehouse and yard duties to promote and maximise sales whilst at all times ensuring customer needs are met and exceeded.
As a Yard Sales Assistant with Laker, you will:
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Deal with customers on a day to day basis in the yard building long term relationships.
- Ensure all sales orders are promptly processed to meet customer needs.
- Assist in the loading and unloading of vehicles.
- Ensure minimum stock shrinkage and accurate daily stock counts.
- Maintain stock levels in both the shop and yard areas to a high standard of health and safety and neatness, ensuring that all goods are correctly priced via label checks.
As a customer delivery driver, you will be required to safely deliver building materials to our customers whilst representing the company with a professional approach. You will be loading and unloading so heavy lifting will be involved. In addition, your job role will include supporting your colleagues within the branch, yard and warehouse.
We are looking for someone with:
- A valid 3.5T licence (Category B) licence.
- Previous experience completing multi-drop deliveries.
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, has a flexible approach, excellent communication skills and a customer-focused attitude.